• All Disaster Recovery Centers in Puerto Rico will be closed Friday in observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
• Centers will reopen Monday, July 6.
• Disaster Recovery Centers are open, with safety restrictions in place, in Ciales, Guánica, Guayanilla and Ponce. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Friday.
• Disaster Recovery Centers are operating under COVID safety precautions. Masks are required, hand sanitizer is provided, and social distancing is maintained.
• In-person visits are by appointment only. No appointments are needed for the drive-thru service, where applicants can have their documents scanned into their case file. Residents may visit any open recovery center.
• Residents can make appointments by calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (FEMA) or (TTY) 800-462-7585. Reasonable accommodations, including Spanish and Sign Language interpreters, are available upon request.
• All Disaster Recovery Centers are expected to close July 24.
• For more information on Puerto Rico’s recovery from the ongoing earthquakes, visit www.fema.gov/disaster/4473 and on Facebook, facebook.com/femapuertorico.
FEMA’s mission is helping people before, during, and after disasters.
Disaster recovery assistance is available without regard to race, color, religion, nationality, sex, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status. If you or someone you know has been discriminated against, call FEMA toll-free at 800-621-FEMA (3362) or 711 for Video Relay Service. Multilingual operators are available. (Press 2 for Spanish.) TTY call 800-462-7585.
Follow us at: