FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Southeastern Public Health District, (334) 792-9070
The Dale County Health Department will offer a drive-through COVID-19 testing clinic at the Senior Citizens Center, 502 Carroll Ave., Ozark, on Thursday, August 13, from 8:30 until 10:30 a.m.
Appointments are not required. Testing is available to patients who meet the testing criteria and while supplies last. No retesting will be done.
Symptoms of COVID-19 consist of either cough or shortness of breath (difficulty breathing) or at least two of the following: fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, and new loss of taste or smell.
Testing criteria are as follows:
- Persons with symptoms
- Healthcare facility workers, workers in congregate living settings, and first responders with symptoms
- Persons without symptoms who have underlying medical conditions or disability placing them at a higher risk of complications or screening of other asymptomatic individuals based on a case-by-case review and approval by the state health department or local health jurisdiction
ADPH advises the following measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Social distance by staying 6 feet away from others
- Avoid people who are sick
- Stay home if you can; work remotely if possible
- Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering when around others
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Monitor your health
For more information, please contact the Southeastern Public Health District at (334) 792-9070 or visit alabamapublichealth.gov.
County health departments throughout Alabama provide a wide range of confidential and professional services. Contact your local county health department for additional information.
Mission: To promote, protect, and improve Alabama’s health
Vision: Healthy People. Healthy Communities. Healthy Alabama.
– 30 –