September 14, 2020 Ottawa Transport Canada
The Minister of Transport, the Honourable Marc Garneau, today announced two appointments and three reappointments in the transportation sector. The appointees have experience in a number of fields and are active members of their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge and senior executive and corporate governance expertise to their transportation positions.
Canadian Transportation Agency
- Allan Matte (Ottawa, Ontario) appointed to the roster of candidates for temporary member, effective September 2, 2020, and subsequently appointed from that roster as a temporary member for a term of one year, effective September 14, 2020.
Halifax Port Authority
- Josef Meier Spatz, Q.C. (Halifax, Nova Scotia) reappointed as federal director for a term of two years, effective September 2, 2020.
Port Alberni Port Authority
- Allan Robert Haggard, (Port Alberni, British Columbia) reappointed as a director for a term of two years, effective June 25, 2020.
- Dennis Lawrence Jonsson, (Courtenay, British Columbia) reappointed as a director for a term of two years, effective June 25, 2020.
Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada
- Patrick Vermette (Kingston, Ontario) appointed as interim chairperson for a term of one year, effective September 2, 2020.