6 October 2020 – Ottawa
From coast to coast to coast, Canadians have a longstanding commitment to providing volunteer services that improve the well-being of Canadian Veterans and paying tribute to their sacrifices and achievements.
The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendations recognize individuals who go above and beyond in improving the well-being, care and remembrance of Canada’s Veterans.
Today, the Honourable Lawrence MacAulay, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, hosted a virtual event with the following recipients from Atlantic Canada to express his thanks and appreciation for their volunteer service to Canadian Veterans:
- Bell, Allan “Dinger”, Dartmouth, NS
- French, Woodrow, Conception Bay South, NL
- Grear, Corporal (Retired) Clarence W., CD, Lawrencetown, NS
- Hattie, Brenda Joyce, CD, Yarmouth, NS
- Leblanc, Cyrille, Wedgeport, NS
- O’Rourke, Master Corporal (Retired) Patrick Joseph, Outer Cove, NL
- Townsend, Lieutenant-Commander (Retired) Peter Gerald, MMM, CD, Moschelle, NS
The Commendation is awarded annually. Nominations for individuals who provide outstanding volunteer service to Veterans are accepted year round and can be made through our website.