Office of the Governor
700 Capitol AvenueFrankfortKY40601
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Oct. 9, 2020) – Gov. Andy Beshear has made the following appointments to Kentucky boards and commissions:
Gov. Beshear has appointed Robert Williams as a member of the Agricultural Development Board.
- Robert Williams of Henderson is a farmer. He replaces James Mahan, whose term has expired. Mr. Williams shall serve for a term expiring July 6, 2024.
Gov. Beshear has appointed John Brewer as a member of the Real Estate Appraisers Board.
- John Brewer of Stanton is a real estate agent. He replaces Marvin Hensley, whose term has expired. Mr. Brewer shall serve for a term expiring October 31, 2023.
Gov. Beshear has appointed James King as a member of the Kentucky Real Estate Commission.
- James King of Louisville is the president of King Southern Bank. He replaces Gus Hauser, whose term has expired. Mr. King shall serve for a term expiring June 15, 2023.
Gov. Beshear has appointed the following as members of the Kentucky Workforce Innovation Board:
- Appointed as members until they no longer hold their respective positions:
- Lieutenant Governor Jacqueline Coleman
- Secretary J. Michael Brown, Governor’s Executive Cabinet
- Secretary Larry Hayes, Cabinet for Economic Development
- Secretary Larry Roberts, Labor Cabinet
- Commissioner Jason Glass, Kentucky Department of Education
- Appointed as members who shall serve a term expiring October 7, 2021:
- Heidi Margulis, Humana
- Jaqueline Korengal, Office of Adult Education
- Lori Ulrich, Fleming-Mason Energy
- Sadiqa Reynolds, Louisville Urban League
- Bo Matthews, Superintendent of Barren County School District
- Terry Sexton, Boilermakers
- Ryan Holmes, EHI Consultants
- Scott Pierce, Operating Engineers
- Cora McNabb, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Kurtis Mishler, AxiomOne
- President of Kentucky Community and Technical College System
- Michael Buckentin, Logan Aluminium
- Appointed as members who shall serve a term expiring October 7, 2022:
- Beth Davisson, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- Senator Jimmy Higdon
- Representative Bobby McCool
- Kim Menke, Toyota
- Michael Hale, Barren County Judge Executive
- Sharon Price, Community Action
- Todd Dunn, UAW
- Rob Southard, Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline
- Kevin Smith, Beam Suntory
- Lynn Parrish, Bitsource
- Deputy Secretary Mary Pat Regan, Education and Workforce Cabinet
- Appointed as members who shall serve a term expiring October 7, 2023:
- Aaron Thompson, Council on Post-Secondary Education
- Tony Georges, UPS
- Karen Trial, Hitachi
- Julie Whitis, Ignite Institute
- Suhas Kulkami, Indus, Inc.
- Jonathan Webb, AppHarvest
- Robert Blythe, Mayor of City of Richmond
- Diane Owen, Four Rivers Scholarship Fund
- Keith Sparks, Enerfab
- Kevin Smith has been appointed to serve as Chair of the Board.
Gov. Beshear has appointed Russell Tilford as a member of the Land Between the Lakes Advisory Board.
- Russell Tilford of Kevil is the Superintendent of the Lyon County Board of Education. He replaces Brent Stringer, whose term has expired. Mr. Tilford shall serve for a term expiring August 9, 2025.
Gov. Beshear has appointed Emily Ashton as a member of the Kentucky Eating Disorder Council.
- Emily Ashton of Lexington is a dietitian at Bluegrass Nutrition Counseling. Ms. Ashton shall serve for a term expiring October 4, 2022.