For immediate release
Gatineau, Quebec, October 30, 2020 – Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) wishes to advise motorists that there will be an alternating lane closure on the Hull Causeway Bridge of the Chaudiere Crossing for repair work during the following periods:
- from Thursday, November 5, at 7 pm to Friday, November 6, at 6 am
- from Friday, November 6, at 7 pm to Saturday, November 7, at 6 am
- from Saturday, November 7, at 7 pm to Sunday, November 8, at 6 am
- from Monday, November 9, at 7 pm to Tuesday, November 10, at 6 am
- from Tuesday, November 10, at 7 pm to Wednesday, November 11, at 6 am
During these periods, only one lane will be open to traffic in alternating directions. Road signage will be in place, and flagpersons will direct traffic. Motorists can expect delays.
The sidewalk will remain accessible. Cyclists will have to get off their bicycles and walk when using the sidewalk.
The schedule may change depending on weather conditions.
PSPC encourages users to exercise caution when travelling on the crossing and thanks them for their patience.