November 12, 2020 – Winnipeg, Manitoba – Western Economic Diversification Canada
Today, the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages, and Minister responsible for Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD), announced over $2.8 million for business support services across Manitoba. This WD funding comes from the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) and supports the Government of Canada’s campaign to create more than one million jobs.
The Government of Canada continues to provide funding directly to businesses and individuals to protect jobs and help them weather the economic impacts of COVID-19. But government can’t do it alone. The funding in this announcement goes to not-for-profit organizations on the ground that help local businesses survive and thrive. Among the services they provide:
- Skills training
- Market intelligence
- Transitioning to a digital marketplace
These services are often as important as revenue and liquidity for the success of a small business.
$2.82 million to help support Manitoba’s businesses
The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund was established to reduce the financial pressure on businesses and allow them to keep operating. The projects announced today include funding for 23 projects to support local businesses across the province.
Complete list of 23 projects in this announcement
- Aboriginal Chamber of Commerce – Grand Rapids
- Alliance of Manufacturers & Exporters Canada
- BioScience Association of Manitoba Inc.
- Centre for Aboriginal Human Resources Development Inc. (CAHRD)
- CentrePort Canada Inc.
- Creative Manitoba Inc.
- Economic Development Winnipeg Inc.
- Information and Communications Association of Manitoba
- Keystone Agricultural Producers Inc.
- Manitoba Food Processors Association Inc.
- Manitoba Music Industry Association Inc.
- Manitoba Restaurant Association Inc.
- Manitoba Trucking Association
- New Media Manitoba Inc.
- On Screen Manitoba Incorporated
- Supply Chain Management Association of Manitoba Inc.
- The Manitoba Chambers of Commerce
- The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
- University College of the North
- Vehicle Technology Centre Inc.
- Winnipeg Aboriginal Sport and Recreation Association Inc.
- World Trade Centre Winnipeg