November 13, 2020 – Saskatoon, Saskatchewan – Western Economic Diversification Canada
Today, Terry Duguid, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages (Western Economic Diversification Canada) and to the Minister of Environment and Climate Change (Canada Water Agency), announced $1.925 million for business support services across Saskatchewan. This Western Economic Diversification Canada funding comes from the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) and supports the Government of Canada’s campaign to create more than one million jobs.
The Government of Canada continues to provide funding directly to businesses and individuals to protect jobs and help them weather the economic impacts of COVID-19. But government can’t do it alone. The funding in this announcement goes to not-for-profit organizations that help local businesses survive and thrive. Among the services they provide:
- Skills training
- Market intelligence
- Transitioning to a digital marketplace
These services are often as important as revenue and liquidity for the success of a small business.
$1.925 million to help support Saskatchewan’s Main Street businesses and SMEs
The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund was established to reduce the financial pressure on businesses and allow them to keep operating, preserving jobs. The projects announced today include funding for 24 projects to support local businesses across the province.
- Agricultural Manufacturers of Canada Inc.
- AgWest Bio Inc.
- Alliance of Manufacturers & Exporters Canada
- Canadian Western Agribition Association
- Creative Saskatchewan
- Economic Development Regina Inc.
- Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce
- International Minerals Innovation Institute
- Keewatin Community Development Association Inc.
- New North SANC Service Inc.
- North Saskatoon Business Association
- Prairie Agricultural Machinery Institute
- Regina & District Chamber of Commerce
- Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce
- Saskatchewan Economic Development Association
Saskatchewan First Nations Economic Development Network Inc.
- Saskatchewan Food Industry Development Centre
- Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies
- Saskatchewan Industrial and Mining Suppliers Association
- Saskatchewan Mining Association Inc.
- Saskatchewan Recording Industry Association Inc.
- Saskatchewan Science Centre
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority Inc.
- Valhalla Global Accelerator Ltd.