May 31, 2021 – Ottawa, Ontario – Women and Gender Equality Canada
A strong and vibrant women’s and equality-seeking movement is part of the foundation of a more inclusive Canada, where everyone has the opportunity to succeed. The Government of Canada continues to support organizations to ensure women and LGBTQ2 communities are given the opportunity to fully participate in Canada’s social, economic and democratic life.
Today, Gudie Hutchings, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Women and Gender Equality and Rural Economic Development, on behalf of the Honourable Maryam Monsef, Minister for Women and Gender Equality and Rural Economic Development, announced funding of nearly $7.3 million for nine organizations advancing gender equality in communities across Ontario.
These organizations are:
- Connecture Canada – $1 million
- Centre d’établissement des Nouveaux Immigrants de Peel (CENIP) – $850,000
- Innovate Inclusion – $750,000
- The Platform – $745,935
- Plan International Canada – $1.5 million
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities – $1.5 million
- Alliance des femmes de la francophonie canadienne – $160,000
- Families Canada- $274,511
- Canadian Coalition for Women in Science, Engineering, Trades and Technology – $481,852
These investments will help these organizations develop partnerships and strategies to promote equitable participation in the economy, advance women and underrepresented groups into leadership roles, foster self-esteem in girls and gender-diverse youth, and improve financial literacy education.
Much work remains to be done in achieving gender equality. These investments will bring us one step closer to a better and more inclusive Canada — for everyone.