June 1, 2021 Ottawa Transport Canada
The Minister of Transport, the Honourable Omar Alghabra, today announced appointments and reappointments in the transportation sector. The appointees come from diverse backgrounds, with experience in a number of fields, and are active members in their communities. They bring a wide array of knowledge and expertise to their transportation positions.
Atlantic Pilotage Authority
- John Suresh Selvaraj (Antigonish, Nova Scotia), appointed as a member for a term of three years;
- Kathryn Marlene Craig (Saint John, New Brunswick), reappointed as a member for a term of four years; and
- Kyle Alexander Gillis (Halifax, Nova Scotia), appointed as a member for a term of three years.
Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority
- Margaret Mary Neubauer (Fort Erie, Ontario), appointed as a member for a term of four years.
Canadian Air Transport Security Authority
- Gilles Lalonde (Gatineau, Quebec) reappointed as a Director for a term of four years.
Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada
- Franco Pietracupa (Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec), reappointed as a part-time member for a term of two years; and
- K.M. Tracy Medve (Kelowna, British Columbia), reappointed as a part-time member for a term of two years.
These Canadians were appointed under the Government of Canada’s open, transparent and merit-based Governor in Council appointment process, striving for gender parity and seeking to reflect Canada’s diversity.