McDonald County – The McDonald County Route EE bridge over Indian Creek near Lanagan will be CLOSED for up to 142 days beginning the week of June 7, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Contractor crews will replace the old truss bridge with a new structure, which will be four feet higher, 77 feet longer and six feet wider than the current bridge with no truss.
The original bridge was built in 1928 and is in deteriorating condition. Approximately 960 vehicles cross the bridge daily.
This bridge is included in Gov. Mike Parson’s $351 million Focus on Bridges program, which will repair or replace 250 bridges across the state.
- All lanes of Route EE CLOSED at the bridge for the duration of the project
- Drivers will have access to entrances and driveways at either end of the bridge but will not be able to travel through the work zone
- Drivers will be directed to a signed detour using Missouri Routes 59, 76 and 90 and McDonald County Route H
- Drivers are urged to find alternate routes around the work zone
(Weather and/or unforeseen delays will alter the work schedule)
- Prime Contractor: Hartman & Co., Inc., Springfield
- Completion Date: November 10, 2021
- Total project cost: $2.3 million
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)