Where: Southbound Kansas Expressway (Missouri Route 13) bridge CLOSED over Route 60 (James River Freeway) in southwest Springfield
When: 8 p.m. Friday, June 4, until as late as 6 a.m. Monday, June 7
What: Contractor crews cleaning and sealing the northbound sidewalk surface on Kansas Expressway (Route 13) bridge. The work is a preventative maintenance measure aimed at extending the life of the sidewalk. This work was rescheduled from April 16-19, and May 7-10, due to weather.
- Southbound Kansas Expressway (Missouri Route 13) bridge CLOSED over Route 60 (James River Freeway)
- Northbound Kansas Expressway (Route 13) bridge open
- Southbound lanes will remain closed ‘round the clock to allow sealing material to cure properly
- Drivers urged to find alternate routes. No signed detours are planned.
- Electronic message boards located near the planned road work will alert drivers to any changes in the work schedule
- Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts
(Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule)
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)