St. Joseph, Mo. – As work progresses on the U.S. Route 36 resurfacing project crews will close several U.S. Route 36 ramps for resurfacing next week. Motorists must use an alternate route during the closures, which are scheduled from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. as noted below:
Tuesday, June 8:
- From southbound Interstate 29 to westbound U.S. Route 36
- Westbound U.S. Route 169 (Belt Highway) off ramp
Wednesday, June 9:
- Westbound Belt Highway on ramp
- Westbound 28th Street on and off ramps
- Westbound 22nd Street on and off ramps
Thursday, June 10:
- Eastbound 28th Street on and off ramps
- Eastbound 22nd Street on and off ramps
- Belt Highway on and off ramps
Friday, June 11:
- Eastbound Belt Highway on ramp
- U.S. Route 36 and I-29 cloverleaf interchange:
- Eastbound U.S. Route 36 ramp to northbound I-29
- Southbound I-29 to eastbound U.S. Route 36
- Northbound I-29 to westbound U.S. Route 36
- Westbound U.S. Route 36 to southbound I-29
All work is weather-permitting, and schedules are subject to change.
MoDOT asks drivers to work with us by always buckling up, keeping your phone down, slowing down and moving over in work zones. Know before you go and check what work zones you might encounter at traveler.modot.org.
Also at modot.org, sign up online for work zone updates. Information is also available 24/7 at 888-ASK-MODOT (275-6636) or via social media.
Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down
Traveler Information Map