St. Joseph, Mo. – A project to repair roadways damaged during windfarm construction in Atchison and Nodaway counties is set to begin tomorrow, Tuesday, June 8. Herzog Contracting Corp., working with the Missouri Department of Transportation, plans to resurface Atchison County Routes C and AA and Nodaway County Routes V, ZZ and TT, following the below schedule:
- Tuesday, June 8 – Saturday, June 12
- Route C from U.S. Route 59 to Route M
- Saturday, June 12 – Tuesday, June 22
- Route AA CLOSED in two-mile sections from Route Y to U.S. Route 59 during resurfacing
- Tuesday, June 22 – Wednesday, June 23
- Thursday, June 24 – Saturday, June 26
- Monday, June 28
- Route TT CLOSED in two-mile sections during resurfacing
Flaggers and a pilot car will guide motorists through the work zone, unless otherwise noted. During closures, motorists will need to use an alternate route. All work is weather-permitting, and schedules are subject to change.
MoDOT asks drivers to work with us by always buckling up, keeping your phone down, slowing down and moving over in work zones. Know before you go and check what work zones you might encounter at traveler.modot.org.
Also at modot.org, sign up online for work zone updates. Information is also available 24/7 at 888-ASK-MODOT (275-6636) or via social media.
Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down
Traveler Information Map