June 18, 2021 – Ottawa, Ontario
The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food, together with Elisabeth Brière, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Economic Development and Official Languages, on behalf of the Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry, will announce investments to not only enhance Canada’s global leadership position in artificial intelligence but also support Canadian companies transitioning toward an AI-powered future.
A media availability will follow the announcement.
Date: Monday, June 21, 2021
Time: 10:00 a.m. (ET)
Kruger Products’ Sherbrooke Plant
330-A route de Windsor
Note regarding site access: Please enter the facility using the entrance located at 330-A route de Windsor and not the one from the Brompton paper Mill which is located at 220, route de Windsor.
Event: The announcement will be live-streamed on Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s Canadian Innovation Facebook page.
Notes for media:
Media may attend the event, but space is limited. Media must confirm their in-person attendance with ISED Media Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5:00 p.m. (ET) on Friday, June 18.
- Long pants and closed shoes are mandatory;
- Opened-toed shoes or sandals, high heels or short-sleeves tops are not permitted; and
- Jewelry is not permitted within the facility (including watches, necklaces, hats, etc.).
COVID-19 GUIDELINES INSIDE THE PLANT:
If attending in person, media must arrive no later than 9:30 a.m. and must comply with local public health guidelines and the following security rules:
- Masks must be worn at all times and hand sanitization upon arrival is mandatory.
- Physical distancing of two meters must be respected.
- Each participant or invitee is required to register and complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the facility; and
- Apart from water, no food or beverages will be allowed during the event.