Dade & Cedar Counties – Drivers can expect lane closures on Missouri Route 245 in Dade and Cedar Counties when contractor crews resurface the state route starting the week of July 5, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Route 245 will receive a new asphalt driving surface and new guardrail between U.S. Route 160 east of Greenfield and Missouri Route 32 west of Fair Play. The total length of the project is 16 miles.
- Traffic reduced to one lane where contractor crews are laying asphalt
- Drivers will encounter flaggers and pilot cars where crews are working. Drivers should wait for the pilot vehicle before proceeding through the work zone or before entering the work zone from a side road.
- Work will be done during daytime hours, all lanes open to traffic at night
- No signed detour
- Drivers should find alternate routes
- Signs and message boards will alert drivers approaching the work zone
Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.
APAC Central Inc., Springfield is doing the work for a low bid amount of $1 million.
The project is to be completed by early November 2021.
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)