- Reduced overall energy use by 23 percent, water usage by 35 percent, and Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions by 23 percent in 2020
- Baselined Scope 3 emissions in support of setting science-based targets, and reduced Scope 3 emissions by 3 percent
- Accelerated inclusion and diversity efforts across five areas of focus and established an enterprise Framework for Financial Inclusion
Financial technology leader FIS® (NYSE: FIS) has released its 2020 Global Sustainability Report which highlights the company’s progress in advancing environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues.
Among the highlights cited in the report, FIS in 2020:
- Reduced overall energy use by 23 percent and water usage by 35 percent as part of the company’s comprehensive Climate Action Plan;
- Reduced Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 23 percent;
- Analyzed and established a baseline for the company’s Scope 3 GHG emissions in support of setting science-based targets, and reduced those Scope 3 emissions by 3 percent;
- Accelerated inclusion and diversity efforts across five areas of focus; and established an enterprise Framework for Financial Inclusion to help facilitate inclusion in the rapidly evolving digital economy;
- Significantly supported our colleagues, clients and communities during a global pandemic through the company’s philanthropic and volunteer efforts.
“As a leading global provider of financial technology, FIS is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and helping facilitate financial inclusion for everyone in the rapidly evolving digital economy,” said
Read the full FIS Global Sustainability Report: https://www.fisglobal.com/en/global-sustainability
FIS is a leading provider of technology solutions for merchants, banks and capital markets firms globally. Our employees are dedicated to advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests by applying our scale, deep expertise and data-driven insights. We help our clients use technology in innovative ways to solve business-critical challenges and deliver superior experiences for their customers. Headquartered in
Senior Vice President