Vernon County – Drivers can expect lane closures and traffic delays when a project to resurface U.S. Route 54 begins in Vernon County the week of July 5, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Contractor crews will lay a new asphalt surface, permanent lane markings and rumble strips along an approximately 16-mile stretch of Route 54 between the Missouri/Kansas state line and Webster Street in Nevada.
In addition, new guardrail will be added at bridge ends and culverts as well as repairing and widening shoulders in various locations.
- Expect lane closures where contractor crews are laying asphalt
- Drivers will encounter flaggers and/or pilot cars where crews are working. Drivers should wait for the pilot vehicle before proceeding through the work zone or before entering the work zone from a side road.
Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.
- Prime contractor: APAC-Central, Springfield
- Total project cost: $5.1 million
- Completion date: November 8, 2021
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)