July 12, 2021 – Rouyn-Noranda, Quebec
Canada’s mining sector is an important pillar of Canada’s economy. The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry, will announce an important investment to accelerate the development and commercialization of innovative and more sustainable mining technologies.
A media availability by teleconference will follow the announcement.
Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Time: 11:00 a.m. (ET)
LaRonde Complex – Agnico Eagle Mines Limited
Security booth, Centre de support et développement (CSD)
10200 Route de Preissac
The announcement will be live-streamed on Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s Canadian Innovation Facebook page.
Notes for media:
Media representatives attending in person are asked to check in at the security booth of the Centre de support et développement (CSD) no later than 10:30 a.m. You will then be driven to the announcement site.
- For safety reasons, long pants and long sleeves are mandatory.
- Personal protection equipment will be provided and the following items must be worn at all times: hard hat, steel-toed shoes or boots, safety vest and glasses.
- Temperature check and symptom self-assessment check will be done upon arrival at the CSD.
- Masks must be worn at all times and hand sanitization upon arrival is mandatory.
- Physical distancing of one metre must be respected.
Members of the media participating virtually are invited to contact ISED Media Relations (email@example.com) no later than July 12 at 5 p.m. (ET) to receive the dial-in information. Media are asked to join the call at 11:00 a.m. (ET).