Polk County – The Polk Country Route HH bridge over Ingalls Creek near Louisburg will CLOSE beginning the week of September 13 for a bridge replacement project, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
The bridge replacement will require Route HH to be closed for up to three months to allow contractors crews to replace the existing bridge with a new box culvert bridge.
As part of this project, Polk County Route J box culvert over Bush Creek walls will be rehabilitated. The box culvert will remain open, but will be reduced to one lane with flaggers directing traffic.
- Route HH bridge over Ingalls Creek:
- Route HH CLOSED at Ingalls Creek
- Drivers will have access to entrances at either end of the Route HH bridge but will not be able to drive through the work zone
- Route J box culvert over Bush Creek:
- Route J traffic reduced to one lane where contractor crews are working
- Drivers will encounter flaggers
- Signs and message boards will alert drivers to the closure
- Drivers should seek alternate route
The current Route HH bridge was built in 1954. Approximately 227 vehicles per day travel across the bridge. The current structure is in poor condition and in need of frequent repairs.
Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.
- Contractor: Branco Enterprises, Inc. of Neosho
- Completion date: December 2, 2021
- Total estimated cost: $369,836.75
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)