Benton County – Drivers should look for alternate routes when the Benton County Route H bridge over Cole Camp Creek near Edmondson is CLOSED beginning at 8 a.m., Tuesday, Sept. 14, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Contractor crews will remove the bridge deck/driving surface and replace it with a new surface. In addition, new guardrail will be installed at the ends of the bridge.
The current structure was built in 1968 and is experiencing increasing deterioration. Approximately 1,100 vehicles cross the bridge daily.
- All lanes of Route H will be CLOSED beginning 8 a.m., Tuesday, Sept. 14
- Drivers will have access to entrances on either end of the bridge, but will not be able to drive through the work zone
- No detour will be signed, drivers are urged to find alternate routes around the project
- Signs and message boards will alert drivers to the bridge closing
The contract also included removing and replacing the bridge deck/driving surface on the Missouri Route 83 bridge over U.S. Route 65 south of Warsaw. Work on the Route 83 bridge began in June.
Weather and/or scheduling conflicts could alter the work schedule.
- Prime contractor: Hartman and Company, Inc., Springfield
- Total project cost: $1.98 million
- Contract completion date: December 1, 2021
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)