This webinar is the second webinar in a three part series. The first webinar was a 101-type webinar and building off the foundational knowledge established in the previous session, this webinar will dive deeper into electricity market regulation. Speakers provide a high level overview of major Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) decisions and how they impact state energy priorities. Also covered is how state PUC’s oversee their electricity markets and how FERC and PUCs typically interact.
- Overview of FERC -What is FERC’s regulatory authority and how do they interact with states?
- Overview of PUCs – Who do PUCs oversee and how do they differ in restructured and vertically integrated markets?
- Review of major governing FERC Orders and how they have affected jurisdiction and the current state of markets.
- Larry Greenfield, Associate General Counsel, FERC
- Ted Davis, Associate General Counsel, Maryland Public Service Commission