November 10, 2021 – Winnipeg – National Defence / Canadian Armed Forces
The Royal Canadian Air Force will conduct flypasts for several Remembrance Day commemorations across Canada on November 11. These will be carried out by aircraft from Royal Canadian Air Force Wings throughout Canada at various times throughout the day.
The National Remembrance Day Ceremony in Ottawa will feature a flypast by CF-18 Hornet fighter jets. Flypasts by Royal Canadian Air Force aircraft will also take place in other communities across Canada, as follows:
- Alberta – Calgary (CT-155 Hawk); Edmonton (CH-146 Griffon); Elk Point (CT-156 Harvard); and Lethbridge (CT-155 Hawk).
- British Columbia – Campbell River (CH-149 Cormorant); Comox (CH-149 Cormorant); Courtenay (CH-149 Cormorant); Cumberland (CH-149 Cormorant); Kamloops (CT-155 Hawk); Nanaimo (CH-149 Cormorant); Sidney (CH-148 Cyclone); Vancouver (CP-140 Aurora); and Westwold (CT-155 Hawk).
- Manitoba – Portage la Prairie (Bell 412)
- Ontario – Arnprior (CH-147F Chinook); Ottawa (CF-18 Hornet); Toronto (CC-130J Hercules); and Whitby (CC-130J Hercules).
- New Brunswick – McAdam (CH-146 Griffon).
- Northwest Territories – Yellowknife (CC-138 Twin Otter).
- Nova Scotia – Bridgewater (CP-140 Aurora); Chelsea (CP-140 Aurora); Cole Harbour (CH-148 Cyclone); Dartmouth (CH-148 Cyclone); Eastern Passage (CH-148 Cyclone); Lunenburg (CH-148 Cyclone); Mahone Bay (CP-140 Aurora); New Germany (CP-140 Aurora); and Parkdale (CP-140 Aurora).
- Québec – Courcelette (CH-146 Griffon); Montréal (CH-146 Griffon); and Québec City (CH-146 Griffon).
During the flypasts, the aircraft will fly at minimum altitudes above the highest obstacle in their path. Flypasts conducted by Royal Canadian Air Force aircraft are carefully planned and closely controlled for public safety, and are dependent upon weather and flying conditions.
As a result of COVID-19 restrictions that remain in effect, the Royal Canadian Air Force reminds the public to follow all local public health directives while observing Remembrance Day.
For details on the Royal Canadian Air Force and our capabilities, please visit our website at: www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca.