JACKSON COUNTY – MoDOT Kansas City is in the process of replacing the Baltimore Ave. bridge over I-670. This work will require the following TOTAL CLOSURES of portions of I-670 on Saturday, Nov. 20. Motorists MUST find alternate routes during this time. All work is weather permitting.
- Crews will CLOSE westbound I-670 at U.S. 71 / I-70 beginning at 6 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 20, until approximately 5:30 p.m. that same day.
- Prior to closing westbound I-670, the following ramps will also be closed until approximately 5:30 p.m.:
- Eastbound I-70 / Southbound U.S. 71 to westbound I-670
- Northbound U.S. 71 to westbound I-670
- 10th St. to westbound I-670.
- Westbound I-70 to westbound I-670.
- Crews will CLOSE eastbound I-670 at I-35 beginning at 6 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 20, until approximately 4 p.m. that same day.
- Prior to closing eastbound I-670, the following ramps will also be closed until approximately 5:30 p.m.:
- Northbound I-35 to eastbound I-70
- Southbound I-35 to eastbound I-670
- On-ramp from Truman Rd. (just past Broadway) to eastbound I-670.
- Wyoming St. to eastbound I-670.
The existing Baltimore Ave. bridge is nearing the end of its service life necessitating the need for replacement. The new bridge will be the same height and width as the current bridge. The decorative fencing on the existing bridge will be re-attached to the new structure.
Please be patient and considerate to your fellow motorists. Use the zipper merge and take turns at merge points. Please remember that all work zones are NO PHONE ZONES. Buckle up. Phone down. Arrive Alive. For potential impacts to traffic, please review KC Scout cameras at http://www.kcscout.net or consult our real-time traffic partner, WAZE.
Motorists are reminded to slow down and pay attention while driving in work zones. Not all work zones look alike. Work zones can be moving operations, such as striping, patching or mowing. They can also be short term, temporary lane closures to make quick repairs or remove debris from the roadway.
For more information about MoDOT news, projects or events, please visit our website at www.modot.mo.gov/kansascity. For instant updates, follow MoDOT_KC on Twitter, or share posts and comments on our Facebook at www.facebook.com/MoDOT.KansasCity. MoDOT Kansas City maintains more than 7,000 miles of state roadway in nine counties. Sign up online for work zone updates or call 888-ASK-MODOT (275-6636).