Breaking News

Drug and Alcohol Treatment Facility Owner Pleads Guilty To Paying Illegal Kickbacks To Philadelphia Recovery Homes – PA Office of Attorney General Attorney General Josh Stein Commends FCC Actions to Stop Illegal International Scam Calls Governor Abbott Activates Joint Border Security Operations Center In Preparation For Mass Migrant Influx As Biden Ends Title 42 Expulsions | Office of the Texas Governor FDA Approves First Treatment for Eosinophilic Esophagitis, a Chronic Immune Disorder California Readies 3,000 Miles of Network Infrastructure to Achieve Broadband for All FDIC Publishes 2022 Risk Review Mayor Declares Heat Emergency in Boston, Opens 15 BCYF Cooling Centers RGV Agents Apprehend Criminal Migrants and Gang Members

Employer:                              Fernwood Land LLC – operating as Executive Inn

Investigation site:                  9424 Front Beach Road

Panama City Beach, Florida 32407

Investigation findings: U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division investigators found Fernwood Land LLC paid employees straight time for overtime work – hours over 40 in a workweek – and did so off-the-books and in cash, a violation of overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.

Back Wages and Liquated Damages Recovered: $29,976 for 15 workers

Quote:Employers who attempt to evade paying their workers proper wages by paying off-the-books will be held accountable by the U.S. Department of Labor,” said Wage and Hour Division District Director Wildali De Jesus in Orlando, Florida. “Fernwood Land LLC shortchanged 15 workers of the overtime wages they rightfully earned. In the end, the employer paid thousands more for disregarding the law. Other employers should review their pay practices to avoid similar violations and consequences.”

Background: Employers can contact the Wage and Hour Division at its toll-free number, 1-866-4-US-WAGE. The division also offers numerous online resources for employers, such as a fact sheet on Fair Labor Standards Act wage laws overtime requirements. Workers who feel they may not be getting the wages they earned may contact a Wage and Hour Division representative in their state through a list and interactive online map on the agency’s website.

Learn more about Wage and Hour Division.

Source link