MAXWELL AIR FORCE BASE, Ala. (AFNS) —
The Defense Department’s largest annual information technology and cyber event returns to in-person attendance this summer.
Over the last two years, the Department of the Air Force IT and Cyberpower Education and Training Event was held virtually due to the pandemic. This year the event returns from its virtual home to its physical home in Montgomery, Alabama, Aug. 29-31.
Its return also marks a name change. Historically known as the Air Force IT and Cyberpower Education and Training Event, organizers have changed the name to be more reflective of the Department of the Air Force’s role in both air and space.
“This event brings together experts from government, industry and academia to talk through the digital challenges that confront our Airmen and Guardians,” said Lauren Knausenberger, Department of the Air Force chief information officer. “It’s a fantastic opportunity to network, learn and share ideas on how to further our nation’s interests through IT and cyberpower. We look forward to some superb keynote addresses from leaders both within the Air Force and Space Force and the private sector.”
This year’s lineup of government keynote speakers includes:
– Secretary of the Air Force Frank Kendall
– Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. CQ Brown, Jr.
– Dr. Lisa Costa, Space Force chief technology and innovation officer
– Lauren Knausenberger, Department of the Air Force chief information officer
– Lt. Gen. Robert Skinner, Defense Information Systems Agency director and commander of Joint Force Headquarters-Department of Defense Information Network
Industry keynote speakers slated to present are:
– Dr. Elizabeth Churchill, director of UX (User Experience), Google
– John Kindervag, senior vice president-cybersecurity strategy, ON2IT
– Wendi Whitmore, senior vice president, Unit 42, Palo Alto Network
With the theme of “A Resilient Digital Air and Space Force: Enabling Deterrence through Cyber,” the event will draw from the following major topic areas for breakout seminars:
– Integrated Deterrence
– A Digital Air and Space Force
– Next-Generation Networking
– Operationally Focused Cybersecurity
– Enabling Digital Talent and Human Capital
To register for DAFITC or for more information, visit www.dafitc.com.