Breaking News

US Department of Labor awards $50.6M in Pathway Home Grants to provide pre-release job training, services to incarcerated people More Than 280 Pounds of Narcotics Seized by Customs and Border Protection Officers Starbucks Corporation – Starbucks Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend The Metaverse Goes Industrial: Siemens, NVIDIA Extend Partnership to Bring Digital Twins Within Easy Reach Governor Cooper Signs Six Bills into Law ICYMI: Three Companies Warn About Delayed Chip Funding As GlobalWafers Announcement Hinges On Bipartisan Innovation Act Passage Attorney General James Calls on Google to Address Dangerous Amplification of Fake Pregnancy Centers Governor Abbott Appoints High, Figueroa To Texas Commission Of Licensing And Regulation | Office of the Texas Governor

A recent modification to the joint travel regulation now allows Airmen directed to move out of government quarters to receive a partial dislocation allowance of $840. 

A PDLA is a one-time, flat-rate payment to help reimburse a service member for expenses incurred while moving out of an unaccompanied household.   

“Our Airmen in unaccompanied housing are vital,” said Chief Master Sgt. Alex C. Morgan III, 99th Air Base Wing command chief, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada.  “We must ensure that we are taking care of them. We leveraged every supporter we could to accomplish this mission.”  

The idea to expand the PDLA limitation from only being applied to family-type government quarters was presented by an Airman out of Nellis.  

This update does not apply to a move between unaccompanied housing units i.e., dorm to dorm moves. 

“This is not just a win for our Airmen across the Air Force, but for service members across the Joint Force,” said Chief Master Sgt. of the Air Force JoAnne S. Bass. “Moving can be stressful, and if we can help alleviate some of those stressors the better off we are. I couldn’t be more proud of the Airman that identified this opportunity to change the JTR, and for the leaders that supported it along the way.” 

If service members believe they qualify for the PDLA, they should contact their local finance office. 

Source link