Part of Gov. Parson’s Rural Road Program
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – Livingston and Linn County Routes BB and KK will soon narrow to one lane for a resurfacing project. The Missouri Department of Transportation has contracted with Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc. to resurface several routes in Carroll, Linn, Livingston and Sullivan counties, including Routes BB and KK.
Currently active or work beginning soon:
- Linn County Route 139 from the Parsons Creek Bridge north of Route B to U.S. Route 36: Aug. 29 – Sept. 6
- Livingston/Linn County Route BB from Route KK to Route B along the Livingston/Linn County line: Sept. 6 – 7
- Livingston County Route KK from Route BB at the Linn County line to the end of state maintenance: Sept. 8 – 9
During construction, motorists will be directed through the one-lane work zone by flaggers. A 10-foot width restriction will be in place while work zones are active. Crews will be present during daylight hours, Monday through Saturday. All work is weather permitting, and schedules are subject to change.
Planned schedule for future routes in this bundle:
- Livingston County Route JJ from U.S. Route 65 to Route H in Avalon: Sept. 13 – 19
- Carroll County Route YY from Route J to Route M: Sept. 12 – 23
- Carroll County Route C from Route D to Route Z: Oct. 3 – 28
- Livingston/Carroll County Route Z from Livingston County U.S. Route 65 to Carroll County U.S. Route 65: Oct. 7 – Nov. 7
These projects are part of Gov. Parson’s Rural Road program. The state’s approved Fiscal Year 2023 budget provided an additional $100 million in General Revenue for work on Missouri’s low volume rural roads. Using asset management data, MoDOT has identified approximately 1700 lane miles of low volume roads ranked in Poor Condition. By next summer, these 113 locations will receive resurfacing treatments of hot mix asphalt to improve the road conditions.
Three additional routes are also included in this bundle but will not be completed until 2023. That schedule of work has not yet been determined. Those routes are:
- Grundy/Linn County Route 139 from Grundy County Route 6 at Humphreys to the Parsons Creek Bridge north of Linn County Route B
- Grundy/Livingston Route K from Route E to U.S. Route 65
- Grundy/Livingston County Route U from Route F to Route 190
- Livingston Route Y from Route W to Route 190
To view all routes included in this bundle, please visit: www.modot.org/low-volume-route-resurfacing-carroll-grundy-linn-livingston-and-sullivan-counties
MoDOT asks drivers to work with us by always buckling up, keeping your phone down, slowing down and moving over in work zones. Know before you go and check what work zones you might encounter at traveler.modot.org.
While at modot.org, sign up online for work zone updates. Information is also available 24/7 at 888-ASK-MODOT (275-6636) or via social media.
Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down