Barry County – Visitors to Roaring River State Park in Barry County south of Cassville may experience some lane reductions when contractor crews begin a project to resurface roads and make American with Disabilities Act (ADA) improvements inside the park beginning the week of September 26, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
The contractor will remove and replace the asphalt on roads inside the park, apply permanent pavement markings, replace concrete curb blocks in parking areas and make ADA improvements in the camping areas.
- Drivers will encounter flaggers where asphalt crews are working
- Visitors will have access to all areas of the park, except where crews are working
- All work will be done during daytime hours
- No signed detours
- Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts
Weather and/or scheduling delays will alter the work schedule.
- Prime Contractor: Emery Sapp & Sons, Springfield
- Completion Date: November 1, 2022
- Total project cost: $1.6 million
(For more information, call MoDOT in Springfield at 417-895-7600 or visit www.modot.org/southwest)
(Take the Challenge! Buckle Up/Phone Down)